Posted 2 days ago
IT Support Level 1 – 2
Company: Henry Brothers Ltd
Responsible to: IT Manager
Require an individual to support the IT team of the business, its users and systems.
As a key member of an in-house IT Team you will assist with the administration of the IT systems and actively participate in the Service Desk function, supporting 160 user over 4 main sites and multiple satellite sites.
Working in a fast paced and agile department, you will be expected to contribute to continual service improvement of processes and procedures of the team.
A unique opportunity for someone starting out in their IT career.
- 1st / 2nd Line IT Support – Concierge, 1st time fix, Incident response & escalation and Request fulfilment, On-Site & Remote support for 160 users & 175 computers, Business as Usual (BAU) checks & remediation, development of How-to/Self-help guides
- Purchase Administration – non-inventory and consumable purchasing including replenishment and repair items
- End-User Device Management – provisioning, upgrades and retirement including Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and Mobile
- Administrative Processing – Joiners/Movers/Leavers, User Account Management, Document Workflow processing
- Policy and Compliance administration – Assisting in the company’s compliance to maintain our Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation.
- Project workstreams – various from process improvements to migrations to Cloud infrastructure and replacement telephony systems.
- From time to time staff will be asked to undertake any other reasonable tasks in relation to the role.
Knowledge Experience/Key Skills:
- 5x GCSE grade C or above to include English and Maths.
- A demonstratable interest in Computers and Support of IT
- Basic understanding of PC hardware setup-up and configuration
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Office Products
- Understanding of Network principles and protocols.
- Demonstratable troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Good level of communication and organisation.
- Experience in Customer Service
- Be capable of working in a dynamic team.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly languages
- Previous Experience in an IT Support capacity.
- Third level IT related qualification, or industry equivalent
- IT related qualifications (Microsoft Qualifications).
- Knowledge and experience of Software/Hardware Installations
- Experience of Microsoft Desktop OS installation and support
- Microsoft Office (both using and troubleshooting experience)
- Basic understanding of networks including LAN and Wireless
- Microsoft Server OS installation, support and documentation
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Application/Hardware Roll out
- Network security (Firewall, AntiVirus, etc.)
- Technologies / Systems Experience;
- Windows 10
- Microsoft 365 and Backend Security, Configuration & Compliance
- Windows Server 2016/2019
- Servicedesk Portals
- Remote Access Tools
- Android and Apple Mobile Devices
- VOIP Phones/systems
- Wireless/Wired Networking
Our core values are what support the vision, shape the culture and reflect on the overall company values. They are the essence of the company’s identity which communicate what is important and help to contribute to the overall success of the organisation.
- Integrity – Demonstrating strong ethical standards with openness, honesty and respect
- Dependability – Our employees/communities/clients/supply chain should know what they can expect from us
- High quality construction – Striving to deliver the best in a safe working environment
- Innovation – Working collaboratively to achieve the best possible end product
What you will receive from Henry Brothers Ltd:
- An opportunity to work for a prestigious family run company that has a reputation for high standards of service
- One to one supervision and guidance
- A competitive rate of pay
- A chance to work in a great team
- Full and continuous training